Wednesday, April 1, 2009

we did it!!!

what a great day... well weekend... we had so much fun. we completed our first half marathon! I know only a half, but what a great ride, we all battled through injuries but toughed through them and finished. defiantly a successful weekend in the great land of moab.


the crew the supporters who deserve lots of loves

then a little dirt, jeeping, and swimming followed












15 comments:

Cort, Amanda, Jack, and Hank said...

AWESOME!! I have always wanted to do Moab. You need to do Top of Utah with me now! What was your 1/2 time? Don't you love it!

patty said...

Only a half?!! Only!! You have bragging rights, and rightfully so. Now if you can get the boys to run...

Tara said...

Congrats! I wish we could have run it together. It is a beautiful run isn't it? That is especially amazing with your leg problems and all. Are you feeling the after-pains now? I threw up on the way home afterwards.

JakeandMichelle said...

Yay for half marathons! You guys did a really good job and now I'm starting to think that we are a little crazy...

Kyla said...

Yeah! I am so proud of you and kara!! I need to get the bug to run now!

Brandi said...

That's so great! You guys rock!

Jen and Buzz said...

Look at you Kel...That's my goal for next year. Moab is the best, it looks like you had such a fun weekend.

Cassie said...

Way cool! Congrats on the Marathon! We are headed to Moab in May! I am soo excited! We are LOVING Jake's old Jeep!! It's still not completly finished..but litlle by little!!

Rass said...

Good job. I wish I could be as motivated!

Becka and Bennett said...

Kel that is so awesome, but I do have to warn you watch out it can become addicting! Once I started racing I cant stop I love it! Looks like you had a great support group and awesome people to run it with, doesnt get any better then that! Good job!

Laura Lu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marianne said...

Way to go!!! So proud of you!! Keep the posts coming!

Kim Hutchens said...

Good job Kelli! I'm so excited for you, that you finished that race. Not that you couldn't, but the sense of accomplishment must be awesome! I signed up to do Ragnar, Look out! You'll have to give me some tips on how to not die! :)

Rachel said...

I think I told you about when heidi and Kami ran it and when Kami crossed the finish line she said, "that SUCKED!" I think that would have been my sentiments too!
CONGRATS!

Sara H. said...

It was so much fun! Thanks for doing it with me and pushing me along during all the training! I love talking while we run! And thanks for our first jeeping adventure it was great!